Tuesday, April 5, 2011

My Creative Culinary Husband

So the last two nights, I've asked my husband for dinner ideas and he has given me the best ideas for our leftover spicy chicken breasts and steak. Last night I made a salad with green and red lettuces, baked spicy chicken (chicken breasts spiced with seasoning salt, garlic salt, fajita seasoning and cayenne pepper), purple onion, grated carrots and apples tossed with olive oil and balsamic vinegar and served with butter and garlic french bread heated in aluminum foil in the oven...

Tonight he suggested a stoup with leftover steak...so using our food processor I chopped yellow onion, leftover baked potatoes, steak and browned all three in a cast iron soup skillet in 3/4 stick of butter...then I added one small can of cream of potato soup, milk, sour cream, grated cheddar cheese, seasoning salt, garlic salt, steak seasoning and cayenne pepper and let it heat very slowly (as I am known to burn milk-based soups)...then with my mother-in-laws apt guidance, we mixed up bisquick bisquits (so much faster than homemade...which means I will be mixing these up a lot)...and left out sticks of butter to soften to slab on...yummmmm!!!

Now I can't wait for my hubby to come home and taste his marvelous inventions!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment