Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Pity Without End

So today started with bittersweet memories and to make me feel better I began listening to 2nd Chapter of Acts Hymns...for so long hymns (which used to thrill my soul) hurt as they brought remembrances of unhealthy and untrue views of Jesus that I was taught...and the sad thing was that the hymns themselves were not untrue but the melodies sent me back to the hurtful teachings...God healed me of that and now I can listen to these beautiful songs with my new, true view of Jesus and the lyrics speak volumes of His love and lift me to Him!!! One thing that happened as I was singing along was that people who I love would come to my mind and float from my heart to Jesus in hopes for their souls and lives to be drenched in Him...and another thing happened...as I revel in the amazing life I live now with my indescribably glorious husband, I began to realize that I have not been taking my place in the shoes of those who are hurting...like Japan, like friends I know who long to marry, like those who don't understand the love of Jesus yet...I feel compelled to turn my heart to others who need love and prayer and help and to yes, still be happy and thankful for my life, but also to bleed for the suffering...a missionary we recently heard speak said that our love for others, and he means everyone, should be as strong as our love for our own children...I feel like some of the tenderness I used to have for others has been ignored by me lately and I am so thankful that Jesus gently touched my heart with pity for all like He has...

No comments:

Post a Comment