Friday, February 25, 2011

Running Commentary


Is it bad to have a two sense about everything? Sometimes I feel like part of my empathy is letting other people know how I have dealt with a similar situation to what they are in. But when I do this, sometimes it appears that I am just trying to bring the conversation back around to me instead of focusing on them and what they are dealing with. Whatever may be the case, I know when something I read or hear or learn touches me, it helps for me to personalize it. So as I read and mark up books with underlinings and notes in the margin, I want to share the author's wisdom and shall I say, my take on it...certainly I will not say my wisdom, but maybe if I can share how their knowledge works and shapes me, it will spur on my readers to find meaning for their lives as they learn about and from others. It will be my running commentary and I would find so much delight with comments from others and their take on the topic...

No comments:

Post a Comment