Friday, February 25, 2011

Yoga for a Tired Body

I summoned energy today and it came to me! After getting up at a very early hour this morning and writing like crazy, by ten I was ready for a nap. I tried to sleep but couldn't so I got up and wrote more and ate peach yogurt and a banana, then tried to nap again. I was almost asleep when my alarm went off reminding me to wake up my daughter. I tried to go to sleep again and I don't think I ever fell asleep. So I finally sat up, stretched out my legs in front of me and did forward bends for a little while. I immediately felt energy and release, so I got my yoga mat and did a whole sequence which completely rejuvenated me.

I used to think that if I was as tired as I was that rest was the only option, but now I know that even though I feel worn out, I can stretch and an amazing flow of energy wells up in me...and starting out by stretching in bed gave me the impetus to continue a full sequence on my mat...oh yes, and a cool shower afterwards tops it off!

No comments:

Post a Comment